Monday, October 29, 2012

I lost Ella at the farm

Claire's preschool had a field trip today.  We all went to Black Island Farms.  This was our first time going to the farm.  Both girls were so excited.  We did a hayride and each girl picked out a pumpkin.  Then we were set free to roam.  They had so awesome slides built on hay bales.  Ella loved the biggest slide.  She couldn't climb up the cargo net in the back by herself.  I helped her up but she refused to slide down with me.  Apparently she is too cool.  She was yelling "BY MYSELF"  at me.  I sent her down, thinking she would just run back around and come up again, or go to Mark.  BIG mistake. I waited for Claire. She wanted to sit on my lap and slide down. At least she still likes me.

After we came down I asked Mark where Ella was.  He said she went to go down again.  I walked around she wasn't there.  I checked the top of the slide no Ella.  For the next 15-20 minutes.  I ran through the farm calling for her checking everywhere.  Crawling through the kid tunnels, inside the bounce house, ect.  I was in  a complete panic.  People probably thought I was crazy.  I can't explain how horrible of a feeling it was. I was praying no one had taken her, or that she hadn't wandered somewhere dangerous and gotten hurt.  Mark was also searching.  He finally spotted her standing on a hay bale. She hadn't been in that area when I searched.  I don't know how far she went or when she headed back.   I ran to that girl.  She was crying.  I started crying.  I couldn't let go of her.  I told her to never wander off again.  Never to leave my side.  Of course she said "uh huh".   It was such a relief to find her.  I was hoping this experience might slightly traumatize her, so she would never wander off again.

Don't worry she only tried to run away 2  more times after that.  I need a leash for that girl.   Ella you might be the death of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment