Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Back to a crib

I posted last week about Claire's new toddler bed. Well things didn't go so well with it. She did well for the first two nights. On the third night we were woken up around 11:30 to her crying. At first it was just a little whining. But it got more and more hysterical. I went in to see what was going on. I found her standing in front of her bed with the blanket over her head. She was completely hysterical. I pulled the blanket off her head, and so DOVE into my arms. She was almost choking me. It took me half an hour to get her to calm down. I checked to see if she was hurt, or poopy. I just couldn't figure out what was wrong. I thought it might have been a bad dream. I rocked her till she was asleep and laid her back in her bed. As soon as she touched the bed she became hysterical again. I laid next to her, well kinda I don't really fit on her bed, till she calmed down and went to sleep. I went back to bed hoping that she would sleep the rest of the night. About an hour later she came into our room upset again and climbed into bed with us. I held her till she was calm and tried to put her back into her bed. Again she became hysterical. After repeating this a couple of times. I began to wonder if it was her bed she was afraid of. I decided to put her in the pack and play to see if it was her bed. I got it out and set it up. Then I put her in. Not a peep. She just cuddled up and went to sleep. I wonder if she fell out of the bed and it scared her to death. We put the other side on her crib and she has been sleeping peacefully in it since. I guess she just wasn't ready for a toddler bed. We will try again in a couple months. Until then I can pretend she is still just my tiny baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment