Thursday, January 29, 2009

Random thoughts

Its that time of year again!!! I hate filing taxes. In hopes of a speedy return I started the process of doing our taxes. Now having tried doing it completely by myself in years past I have learned that it is worth the investment of turbotax. Or some other form of help. It seems that every year the process becomes more and more complicated. I have to believe that there is a group of evil geniuses somewhere just sitting around and thinking of ideas on how to make this task more ridiculous. That is the only solution I can come up with for all the insanity that is taxes. Although I may not understand the logic behind the taxes, I do enjoy getting the return every year. Its almost like getting revenge of the government for taking my (well this years Mark's) hard earned money all year long.

Now after all the hair pulling and fist shaking, comes the fun part of getting the money. Mark and I were just talking last night about how we are going to spend this money. Of course the fun frivilous ways always come to mind. But we are adults now and have to be more responsible. I think we decided on paying off my car. With us buying a house here in the near future. Getting rid of a $200 car payment every month seemed like the best way to use it. I am excited to finally have my car paid off. It will be nice to know we own both of our cars. Then the rest will go to helping us buy a new bed seems how ours was ran over on I-15 after flying out of the back of the truck as Wade was returning it to us.

Speaking of houses. I am so excited to finally have my own home again. I know it has been such a blessing for us to live in my inlaws home while they are on their mission. Although I miss having my OWN home. I look forward to Claire having her own room. Where I can paint and hang up all her decorations that have been sitting in a box out in the garage for the last year. She was so little when we moved that she won't remember any of them. I think my favorite part of having our last house was painting the walls. I only got Claire's room and the kitchen painted before we decided to sale and move in here. There were so many more white walls that needed some color. Every home we go and look at I start thinking what color I can paint the walls. One home was painted so cute, I couldn't think of anything to change. I don't think I can buy a home and not paint at least one room. We've looked at a few homes. Only one of which we interested in. It was in the high end of our budget. We are going to keep looking. I know there is a home somewhere that is perfect for us. We are just going to have to do some serious looking. So, on that note I will end my very long post.


No comments:

Post a Comment