Monday, June 18, 2012

Alice Bree

Alice Bree Hansen
June 10, 2012
7 lbs 15 oz
20.5 in


Her birth didn't go according to plan.  After 10 hours of labor, she turned face up, causing her to become wedged between my pelvic bone and ribs.  I pushed for 3 hours with no luck.  We ended up having a c-section.  4 days in the hospital caused me to go a little crazy.  I think Mark may have lost it as well
I never want to spend that long in a hospital again.  

 Mark spent the week balancing visiting Alice and Me, and taking care of Claire and Ella.  I think he did amazing.  The girls were happy, fed, dressed and well loved.


Claire loves Alice.  Ella is a little more aloof, but is warming up.  Alice spends her day sleeping, eating and pooping.  Sometimes all at once.  
Welcome to the family little Alice.

2 comments:

  1. I just love her! I can't wait for our babies to meet. So sorry to hear the birth didn't go according to plan. I hope you're recovering quickly. Although I'm sure our experiences were very different, my birthing experience was pretty sucky too :) Hope you're getting good rest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! She is just Beautiful. Sorry to hear things didn't go so well. Hope everything is going well now.

    ReplyDelete