Tuesday, January 31, 2012

While I make dinner....

Making dinner has been a challenge as of late. Ella is in the super needy toddler age. She thinks I must hold her at all times. With Mark being at work until the girls bedtime. I had to figure out activities to distract her while I make dinner. The most successful one is coloring. Ella is my little artist. Since she loves coloring so much I suggested washable markers as a christmas present for grandma. Ella LOVES the markers. She will lay down on her tummy and color for hours with those markers. The other day I couldn't find the crayons, so I handed her and Claire the markers to use while I made dinner. I should have known better.

Sometimes it is hard to contain your creativity to paper. It took 2 hours of soaking and scrubbing in the tub to get her presentable, the rest wore off over the next couple of days. Coloring with markers is now only allowed when I am paying attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment