Friday, October 16, 2009

We are going to go have Claire tested for Asthma on monday. Lately we have been doing a lot of park playing. Claire loves to "SIDE" (slide). After every trip to the park Claire starts wheezing and coughing. . I hate to think of her having to deal with asthma. But after today I can no longer deny the symptoms that are so clearly right in front of me. I called the pediatrician and made an appt.

I grew up with asthma, in a family of brothers and sisters plagued with asthma. I would have to say mine was mild, compared to my brothers. But I hated it. I resented having to use an inhaler. I hated having to quit playing because I couldn't breathe. I was lucky mine has become less and less prominate as I grew up. I don't even know when the last time was I needed an inhaler or even felt wheezy. My brothers asthma was much more severe. He spent a lot of time in the hospital in a plastic tent trying to get it under control. To this day he still uses inhalers and a nebulizer breathing machine. I absolutely hate the idea of my little Claire having to deal with it. I'm actually in tears just writing this. Its silly I know to be upset over something so little. As far as illnesses go this one is managable. It could be something so much worse. Yet I would do anything for her not to be sick. I am going to try to have a positive outlook and know that medicine has advanced so much. If it is asthma, hopefully we will be able to get her on a preventative medication. So it won't limit her in any of "SIDE" playing. I love that little girl

No comments:

Post a Comment